Kliger, J. (2013). Pace of Change in Change/Improvement Work. California Association for Healthcare Quality, 40(1), 15.
Kliger authored article series on effective ACO Management, and "Field Guide to Effective ACO Management; Part 1-3. "Part 1: Structuring the ACO Partnership with Organizations That Have Different Capabilities, Resoures, Governance, and Strategy"; "Part 2: The Multi-organizational ACO Team, Ensuring High Performance" featured by Executive Insight (October 2013).
- Kliger J. (2010). Becoming a Change Agent: Practical Steps for Turning Your Vision into a Reality. Infection Control Today.
- Kliger J. (2010). Giving Medication Administration the Respect it is Due. Comment on: "Association of Interruptions With an Increased Risk and Severity of Medication Administration Errors." Archives of Internal Medicine, 170(8), 690-692.
- Kliger J, Blegen MA, Gootee D & O'Neil E. (2009). Empowering frontline nurses: a structured intervention enables nurses to improve medication administration accuracy. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety, 35(12), 604.
- Kliger J, Lacey SR, Olney A, Cox KS, & O’Neil E. (2010). Nurse-driven program to improve patient outcomes: Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB), Integrated Nurse Leadership Program (INLP), and the Clinical Scene Investigator (CSI) Academy. Journal of Nursing Administration, 40(3), 109.
- “Case Study 2: Seven San Francisco Bay Area Hospitals Pierce the Fog around Medication Administration Errors”. In Hagland, M. (Ed.). (2009). Transformative quality: the emerging revolution in healthcare performance. New York, NY: Productivity Press.